Monday, April 22, 2013

Insecurity Resurgence--the mind of (this) writer

I will not compare myself.
I will not compare myself.
I will not compare myself.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN VERONICA ROTH, BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF DIVERGENT, IS ONLY 23 YEARS OLD?!?!?!?

I will allow myself five minutes of freak-out.

OMG, I am such a slacker/loser/undisciplined writer.

Why couldn't I have done that? Why do I struggle so much with worldbuilding? Why can't I just turn off my brain, simplify, and DIVE IN?

Will I ever learn to shut up and DO it?

UGH.

*insert frustrated, muted scream here*

2 comments:

  1. Nope. Not allowed.

    Harper Lee published "To Kill a Mockingbird" at age 35. It won the Pulitzer Prize.

    J. D. Salinger published “Catcher in the Rye” at age 32. It’s included on Time magazine’s list of the 100 Best English language novels written since 1923 and one of the 100 best English language novels of the 20th century.

    Louisa May Alcott published her first novel “Little Women” when she was 36.

    Jane Austen wasn’t published until she was 36, with the first publication of “Sense and Sensibility”.

    Virginia Woolf wasn’t published until she was 33.

    JK Rowling was published until she was 32. We all know that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the pick-me-up pep talk @Sweet Pea. :) <3

      Delete